Sweet Thai Chili Pork Shish Kabobs
Tap the blue icon to have our Virtual Pitmaster walk you through this recipe.
Cook time: 40 Minutes Servings: 3
- 2 lbs. Smithfield® Boneless Pork Loin, cut in 1-inch cubes (18 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 long kabob skewers (or 12 medium)
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks (18 pieces)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into one inch chunks (18 pieces)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks (18 pieces)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks (18 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (any oil can work)
- 2 cups Thai sweet chili sauce
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium, about 400°F. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 1 hour. Alternately thread 3 cubes each of pork, pineapple, red and yellow peppers, and onion onto each skewer.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and ginger in small bowl; mix well. Brush each kabob with oil; season all sides with seasoning mixture.
- Grill kabobs for about 10 to 12 minutes per side until done, making sure they don’t burn.
- Combine Thai chile sauce and soy sauce in small bowl; divide and place 1/2 in two bowls. Remove kabobs from grill and place on platter; brush all sides with half the glaze. Serve other bowl of glaze as dipping sauce.