Mesquite Pork Loin with Grilled Peach Bourbon Glaze
Cook time: 20 Minutes Servings: 2
- 1 Smithfield® Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Pork Loin Filet
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 4 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to about 400°F. Place peach quarters on grill until char marks form on each side, including skin side. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Skins will slide off peaches after cooling. Discard skins and chop peaches.
- Combine peaches, honey, bourbon, brown sugar, butter and ginger in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Continue boiling until liquid has reduced and peach sauce thickens, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Use potato masher to mash peaches or puree with immersion blender if you want it smoother. Reserve about 1 cup sauce to serve with pork.
- Butterfly pork loin filet by slicing down the middle lengthwise without cutting all the way through. Oil grill grates well. Open filet to lay flat and grill for 5 minutes, brushing or spooning peach sauce on top. Turn filet over and repeat with peach sauce, grilling 5 minutes at a time until internal temperature reaches 150°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Serve with remaining Grilled Bourbon Sauce