Korean Sticky Ribs
Cook time: 90+ Minutes Servings: 2
- 3 racks Smithfield® Pork Back Ribs, membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup Korean chili paste
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or hoisin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-low, about 300°F. Brush ribs with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill ribs about 45 minutes per side until tender.
- Combine garlic, minced ginger, chili paste, sweet chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- After ribs are tender, brush with half the sauce until it is cooked on. Remove ribs and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut ribs and place on platter; drizzle remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with green onions, cashews and sesame seeds for serving.