Hoot-n-Holler Baby Back Pork Ribs
Cook time: 60 Minutes Servings: 8
- 2 racks pork back ribs (about 1 1/2 pounds per rack
- 12 oz mesquite-flavored marinade
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs. Add marinade, bay leaves and onion. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.) Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F.).
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.