Ground Pork Oink Balls
Cook time: 20 Minutes Servings: 8
- 2 lbs. Smithfield® Signature Ground Pork
- 1 lb. Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut in half
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- Hickory or apple wood for smoking
- BBQ seasoning
- BBQ sauce
- Combine paprika, salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and fennel in large bowl; mix well. Add ground pork and gently mix with hands until well blended. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 300°F. Add wood for smoking.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each meatball and skewer with wooden pick to hold in place. Sprinkle oink balls with your favorite BBQ seasoning.
- Smoke for 1 hour and 15 minutes until bacon is done and internal temperature of meatballs reach 165°F. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.