Grilled Pork Cordon Bleu
Cook time: 40 Minutes Servings: 2
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 Smithfield® Original Recipe Pork Loin Filet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 slices Smithfield® Deli Ham
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (12- to 16-oz.) bag pretzels
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butterfly each piece of loin filet by slicing lengthwise in half, making sure to leave about ½-inch connected. Open each piece like a book and place on plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet until 1/8-inch thick.
- Place 1 slice Swiss cheese and 1 slice ham on top of each piece of pork. Roll up and use wooden skewer to hold. Trim off any excess ham or pork loin on ends.
- Place pretzels in bowl of food processor; pulse until very finely crushed. Whisk together 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk in bowl. Dredge each rolled pork through egg wash and then coat in finely crushed pretzels until thoroughly covered.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium. Grill skewered pork until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F, turning every 5 minutes to brown, evenly. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, make Swiss cheese sauce. Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat; add flour and mix quickly. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 2 cups milk.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cut remaining 8 slices Swiss cheese into 1-inch squares; stir into boiling milk until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is too thick, add additional milk. To serve, drizzle cheese sauce over rolled pork.